Interstitial cystitis is a chronic bladder condition causing bladder pain and pressure and occasionally pelvic pain. The pain May range from mild to severe and militating. Accompanying symptoms may include urinary frequency and urgency, painful urination and pain with intercourse. The symptoms are often confused with bladder infections, endometriosis, ovarian cyst and pelvic infections. The disease is felt to arise from a defect in the lining of the bladder. There are several effective treatment options for interstitial cystitis including dietary restrictions, oral meds and in office bladder rinses.
If you have any of the following symptoms you might have Interstitial cystitis:
- Do you have pain or pressure in the lower abdomen?
- Do you urinate frequently?
- Do you have a constant urge to urinate?
- Do certain foods or beverages aggravate your symptoms?
- Do you have pain with intercourse?